The following section provides information on the requirements for the US Tax Court Non-attorney Bar Admissions Exam Prep Program.
- To qualify for the certification, CPE credits registered at the RPO, and Applicants' Sponsor Recommendations to US Tax Court Admissions Office, the following requirements must be fulfilled:
- a) must attend all classes
- b) must participate in all discussions
- c) must complete all written practice exam questions
- d) must demonstrate satisfactory comprehension of the material
- e) must complete all other reading and written work requirements
Tutorial participation is essential to the individual and Program at the Tax Law Institute. Regular verbal participation in tutorials and classes is expected of all Applicants. An electronic log is maintained by the Teaching Faculty. Absences are duly noted and notices are sent to Applicants when absences occur. The Tax Law Institute may, after appropriate procedures, treat Applicants as having withdrawn from the tutorial if they do not login to the Virtual Conference Rooms for 5 consecutive days. Participants who believe they need to miss a class or classes should contact the Faculty. Applicants must know that non-compliance with the attendance policy can and will result in our inability to issue CPE credits, Certificate of Completion or Certificate of Attendance as well as approvals for Applicant testing and Bar Admission.
Policy Statement Concerning Religious Observances
Any Applicant who is unable, because of his/her religious beliefs, to participate in the Program or complete a work requirement on a particular day shall be excused from any such work requirement and shall be provided with an opportunity to make up such requirement which s/he may have missed because of such absence on any particular day; provided, however, that such makeup work shall not create an unreasonable burden upon the Faculty or Tax Law Institute. No fees of any kind shall be charged by the Tax Law Institute for making available to the said participant such opportunity. No adverse or prejudicial effects shall result to any Applicant because of his/her availing him/herself of the provisions of this section.